As we all know, real estate transactions are very large and may be amongst the, if not THE, most important decisions you may make in your investing life. Therefore we believe there needs to be a thorough process to help investors understand their options along with the advantages and disadvantages of each of those options given your unique circumstances.
Here is what you can expect when you engage with 1031 IPS:
- Initial consultation - In this initial consultation we will get to know you and your situation personally and professionally to understand your desires and concerns.
- Review your real estate investments - A thorough review of your real estate investments to ascertain the current status of each of these investments and your thoughts about its disposition.
- Analysis of potential tax impact - We will conduct an analysis of each real estate asset under consideration for sale in order to determine the potential tax impact of selling the asset, including capital gains tax, state tax, excise tax and depreciation recapture.
- Present options for qualified replacement property - Upon commitment for an engagement, we will research and present options for replacement property including a presentation of these options, the ultimate estimated tax if any and illustration of the potential income an risks associated with the particular investment property.
- Guide through the process - Our team of experienced experts will hold your hand through the process and work directly with the investment sponsor and your exchange intermediary to assist in the goal of a smooth transaction and timely closing.
Each situation and client is different and we are here to work with you to help develop a successful 1031 Exchange that works for you, your family and your goals.